To schedule an appointment with
a Writing tutor
What can a Writing tutor help with?
Let's talk about it! When you meet with a writing tutor, they will discuss your ideas and how to best express your thoughts in writing.
Revise--you know you want to! You will get feedback about the organization, tone, thesis, citations and more. Every paper can be revised so be prepared to hear that your paper is not perfect yet.
They won't "edit" your paper. They want you to become the best writer you can be, and it takes a lot of practice to write well. To that end, they will decline to "edit" your paper, but they will provide you with excellent feedback to best organize your ideas!
Citation style: Whether it MLA or APA, they can help you understand citation style!
2. Gather Background Information
3. Develop a Thesis Statement
4. Further Your Research
5. Organize Subtopics with Supportive Evidence from Research
6. Create an Outline
7. Revise Your Thesis Statement
8. Draft Your Research Paper
10. Final Drafting and Editing
MLA & APA CITATION STYLES