Zoom is a web-based, video-conferencing tool that is easy to use and may be used by YCCC staff and faculty to communicate with you and other students.
You will need:
- Internet connection
- Computer, laptop, mobile device or tablet
- Headphones, earbuds
Joining a Meeting
Select the meeting ID link provided to you for the meeting. It may look like this:
Jane Doe is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Zoom will launch in a web browser or from the Zoom app for mobile devices. Choose to open the Zoom application. You can download a free Zoom app for your phone or tablet.
Using the Zoom Menu Bar
- Mute/unmute audio and video
- Start/stop video camera
- Invite people to join your meeting
- See a list of participants
- Share/stop sharing your screen, desktop, whiteboard or certain documents and application
- Chat with participants
- Leave meeting
For more detailed information and video tutorials, go to the Zoom online knowledge base at: https://support.zoom.us/home
ZOOM Reminders for Students
- Make sure you are in a quiet environment where you will not disturb others nor be disturbed during meeting.
- Join your meeting early to allow time to test your audio/video and make sure it is working and set up properly.
- Use headphones or earbuds with a mic if possible to avoid background noise.
- You may need to keep yourself muted when not speaking to avoid feedback and other external noise from interrupting the meeting.
- Using a camera for video is optional. Communicate with your instructor on what will be required.
- Be prepared and aware – avoid distractions and be mindful of your appearance and environment. Remember, you are presenting yourself to others by video.
- Questions? Contact your instructor or advisor or College IT Help Desk who can assist.